Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Goodness

There is goodness in the world. Last night I was jamming down the escalator to Bart, looking for my Bart card I'd shoved in my back pocket earlier in the day. Reaching into my back pocket, I felt nothing but fabric... shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

That was a $60 Bart card, used only a few times, GONE. Shit. Dammit. Shit. I looked in the side pocket of my bag, wondering if by some magic trick it had migrated from my back pocket, where I normally *never* keep it, to where it was supposed to be. I stood there for a moment, iPod filling my head with some song, thinking, Great, now I have to go buy a brand new Bart card - great.

And then someone tapped me on the shoulder and handed me my Bart card that had fallen out of my pocket on the way down the escalator. I was so thankful. As soon as I landed on the lower platform I was able to jump on the train that was still there & make it home in record time.

Thank You Other Human. You made my day.

No comments: