Friday, December 07, 2007

Menopause ROCKS!

I can't wait for "the change." My body might already be prepping for the transition, but I'm psyched about the complete cessation of my menstrual flow.

I just read a great article about understanding menopause and I had no idea how big a change it will be.

Turns out, according to Berkeley gynecologist Risa Kagen (Nina Hagen?), "A woman may spend the last third to half of her life post-menopause; and it can be a life of quality including dating and new jobs."

All this time, all I'd ever heard about was the hot flashes, mood swings, horrible musicals, depression, potential weight gain, vaginal dryness, and ending up with a cupboard full of useless tampons.

I never knew that once you're in menopause, you can start dating again. David was surprised, too, but supportive as always. He said he'd be glad to take care of the house & pets so I won't have to worry about that when I'm out for drinks with my boyfriends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are on a ROLL lately! WOW! :: shaking with the giggles ::

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

I finally saw my chiropractor after a six month hiatus. Amazing endorphins, that makes. Really opens up the pathways. I'm not gonna wait that long again!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. David has my sympathies and/or my congratulations, I think.

ms. crafty said...

Nice, who knew I had so much to look forward to :-) I wonder if Griffin will be as understanding as David...hmmm...

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

I think by the time you're at that stage, he'll be just as mellow. Because really, at that point, who has the extra energy to get upset about a little thing like dating for amusement?