Monday, December 12, 2005

Holy Crap - What Have I Done?

I've been engaged since Friday. I've stressed to the Mother Parental Unit many times that there are NO plans as of this moment - this most current moment being the 3rd day since making this crazy move. I told her we've discussed the merits of a very small 'do at SF City Hall. To that, she replied:
"Question, when you say a small family wedding, who all are you thinking about? Just your brothers and familles, or your cousins, as in Mike and Sally etc?

We really need to sit down over a calendar and get organized. What sort of 'vacation time' do you guys have during the next 6 months? If you guys want to, would you like to come down here on Sat? We can talk over some ides and then have dinner.

I am always available to help you, but I don't want you to think I am being pushy. It is always good to brain storm some thoughts and see where we get to. Just let me know. This can be a really fun experience."
Holy crap. She's down there in San Jose putting together a float that she's gonna drive up here with a tank, and on that float she's gonna put every person she's ever spoken to about anything, and then she's going to grab David and I and throw us onto the front of that float and she's gonna drive that thing all over town.

How much vacation time? How much time could this possibly take? Do I have to apply for a leave of absence from work? Should I make sure I'm current on all my vaccinations? What the hell is happening?

We're going to have to leave the country.

No comments: