Saturday, June 02, 2007

Cat Power


I worked from home on Friday to go back through a 90+ page copy deck for a major site enhancement. The deck is based on almost 60 pages of wireframes and after the first pass I like to go back through at least one more time to review and catch whatever I missed.

It's a tedious, time-consuming process. It generally goes faster on the second pass, but it's a methodical thing that shouldn't be rushed.

I brought home a new set of wireframes, knowing they'd changed yet again, but hoped the changes would be minor enough that it wouldn't slow down the review process. I was mistaken.

A third of the way through the wireframes I came unhinged. They *had* been approved as final two weeks ago, as they should be before copy begins, but as always, there is no lock down at any phase of any project - ever. The review became all about finding minor tweaks in the wireframes instead of completing a thorough second pass.

I vocalized my frustration to no one in particular, since I was in my living room by myself except for the bird and a couple of cats. Nikita was napping in her kitty bed when I started mouthing off.

She got up and jumped onto the back of the couch, behind my head, and tried to creep down the front of me to get into my lap. I stopped her because I still had my computer in my lap, but she wouldn't be shoved away.

She was purring loudly and ended up nestled against my neck under my chin. She's never jumped on me and started purring before.

I think she was trying to take the wind right out of my lame sails. Why I let this crap frustrate me like this I don't know, and as she forced herself into my shoulders and under my chin, all I could do was laugh. She'd calmed me right down.

4 comments:

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

ms. crafty said...

They just know...

Excellent pic 'o the baby. Meow.

Anonymous said...

As crazy as our felines get, they have this way, as you discovered, of finding the right time and place to give comfort. For some reason, my little old Rufus only climbs up into my lap and starts purring when I'm feeling down. Every other time, I gots to chase him!

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

They all have their own ways of making sure I don't come apart. Neo comes & sits quietly nearby, like a body guard. Ninja runs like he's a hobby horse/cat accordion, and Nikita is the sweet nurturer, never far from my side. But do they make me chocolate chip cookies and refill my drink? NO!