Sunday, May 04, 2008

Rogue Chicken


I don't want to alarm anyone, but there's a strange chicken in my backyard. She was back there all morning until my neighbor came home and helped catch her.

What a nice way to meet a new neighbor, running around the yard with towels trying to outwit a flightless bird. Man, those suckers can move fast.

She's now living in Henry's travel cage until the animal shelter folks come out tomorrow & pick her up from my neighbor, and I'm defrosting her distant cousin in the sink.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, terrific!!

ms. crafty said...

What an unusually cute chicken. She looks so soft...and look at those whispy feet...

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

I have to say, it was fun to see a chicken running around the yard. When outside with her, she was making really sweet cooing/clucking noises.

I keep looking over into the neighbor's yard wanting to see her frolicking around their garden and it's kinda sad she's gone now. I miss her. :(

Mir said...

This brought back flashbacks (good ones) to my childhood, when we had pet chickens. Ours were not nearly as pretty as this one. But, there's something sweet about a pet chicken. I think it's their stupidity. Or maybe it's because they taste like chicken. Mmm.