Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here We Go


We're moving. Just a few things to take care of before we go, like purge a whole house full of crap going back to when my grandmother still lived here, paint the entire house inside and out, clean up the yard, put in a heating/AC system, and maybe some light vacuuming.

I know it's going to be an ordeal, but I'm looking forward to the adventure we're about to begin. Maybe we'll live in a house where we're not just 10 feet away from our neighbors and in the summer with all the windows in the neighborhood open, won't hear everything going on all around us.

And maybe Ninja will feel at home amongst the moose - he's about the same size and would probably enjoy standing around in a pond for several hours. This morning he chewed something off of his paw/claw and moments later was hopping around the room, like he was trying to run away from whatever he found on his foot.

A few seconds later, he was foaming at the mouth and drooling. I pried open his gullet but didn't see anything. Then I looked at where he'd been on the floor. He must have stepped on a red pepper flake - we'd had pizza and a few of those suckers drifted onto the floor, what with all the fans going yesterday. Poor kid. If only we had some milk in the house...

Anyway, I digress, sort-of on purpose. It's going to be an interesting summer but also overwhelming at times. It's easier to think about the cat eating hot pepper flakes than think about all the packing we're about to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Good luck on the move, guys!

Steve Portigal said...

Holy crap. I don't read the blog for a while and look what I miss (but I saw your LinkedIn status update).

Out of all the reactions to have, thinking of you away from your house and all that history is a bit startling.

Anyway, Vancouver is amazing, my sister has lived there for a long time and it's one of the few places where I think, yehhh, I could live there.

I'm sure you guys will do really well and I'll look forward to updates!