Monday, May 01, 2006

Brenda!

This post is for Brenda, a lovely friend from my days at HP who sent me the nicest email - thank you!

Brenda and I enjoyed many fine days in the Service Contract area of HP. I'm not really sure what that department was. It was many years ago. I remember using an HP 9000, which may have been a robot.

I was a temp, Brenda was a "full timer." Normally, full time employees do not interact with temporary help. There are rules about this. All temps and full time employees understand this and no one questions it. We keep to our own kind.

But Brenda was different... Brenda has a fantastic sense of humor. Before too long we were chatting it up and laughing til we cried. Hard to believe I was there for over a year - I remember so little. That was 13 years ago. Wow.

Thanks again for the email, and dude, congrats on your new baby and for surviving the Caminator! Dude, I don't know what it is about "dude." Dude comes home from work and suddenly I'm "dude," which is kinda sweet that I'm like one of the guys, but after the 10th or 12th dude, it's like, dude, enough already. Dude. Doooooooooooooood.

No comments: