Friday, April 25, 2008

Bad Marketing

I drove by a store today called "Heller's For Children." Maybe the owner's name is Heller, but why not "Heller's Store for Kids," or "Heller's Children's Store," or pretty much any combination of words that don't sound just like "Hell is for Children."

Now I can't get that song out of my head and I have to wonder if the store name makes parents feel like they shouldn't shop there.

Today David told me about a restaurant in his neighborhood called "Cumin," except the colors they used in the sign make it look like "Cum In." Yum.

Here's a shout out to a group of high school kids who haven't yet learned that the big red hand at the stoplight means keep your ass on the curb while the cars drive by.

When you see the big red hand, that means stop, as in don't walk out into the street where the big rolling metal boxes will mow your stupid ass down, though if they do, the gene pool is that much better off.

I have *got* to start drinking decaf once in a while.

2 comments:

Mir said...

Decaf? What's with the crazy talk. Fully leaded gives you your sass and extra brain juices.

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

It's the extra brain juices I love so much - I need them. NEED them!