Friday, May 08, 2009

Dead Canon

What a sad day... I've had my G9 for about a year, almost to the day, and it died in my arms on Sunday after taking a picture of a cup of Tim Horton's coffee.

I knew Timmy's coffee was bad, but its powers are much more evil than I suspected.

This was its last photo. Please, a moment of silence.



Looking for info, I Googled "dead G9" or something to that effect and found a couple of Flickr forums about that very topic. Turns out this is a common occurrence.

I went to Canon's website and requested a service ticket. Thankfully, she's still under warranty and is in the repair center ICU as we type. I miss her so much. There' so much more we have to do together.

Update:
Got her back in no time, all fixed up, good as new. Strange, though, that they shipped it back in a flimsy cardboard box with loosely wadded up paper for padding. Good thing it's not a delicate instrument or anything. Canon Shipping Department - FAIL.

No comments: