Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Cutest Cake in the World


Made by Jeff Gosche of Fabino. Isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen? Only about 5" across. Adorable. And so tasty.

This was a tester for one of the flavors Jeff is making for the party. We're only doing this for the cake. And the booze. Booze and cake - breakfast of champions.

And now I think I know why women, before they get married, go on insane crash diets and lose their minds in the pursuit of losing a few pounds.

Regular, everyday clothes shopping generally doesn't require using a dressing room about the same size as your bathroom with a three-sided mirror covering an entire wall.

Most of us, when buying clothes for work or weekends, just grab what will likely fit - maybe do a rushed fitting in a tiny room with a standard door mirror and that's it - no big deal.

But to buy a nice dress, something you want to be sure will fit and look nice, you go to the nicer stores with the bigger dressing rooms and way too many mirror angles.

What you're able to see in those mirrors is a shock. How long has that been back there? Where did I pick that up? Why didn't anyone tell me my ass was getting wide? Is that really my ass? Did the last person in this fitting room leave some of their ass behind?

Sure, it happens as we get older. I know this. I've read about it many times. That doesn't really matter when you're looking at it square in front of you. Or behind you.

It's a bit too late to worry about all that now, but it does make me less inclined to throw down a Cinnabon.

No comments: