Friday, March 03, 2006

Snow in Milpenis

Took a drive down to Milpenis (Milpitas) this morning to Henry's vet. As I got closer to the foothills, just below the mist of the clouds, the tops of the hills were covered in snow.

I'd have liked to have gone exploring with my camera, but I needed to get the Bird Boy home to let him relax. Poor kid got a toenail clipped that kept bleeding - had to take him back inside for more styptic powder before heading home.


I promise I wasn't driving when I snapped that - we were stopped at a light.

Years ago I used to take Henry to work with me a few days a week & he'd hang out with my coworkers all day. I could try to take him with me to work now but I think it would be way too boring for him.

Yesterday while getting a quick chair massage I had a random thought - What if I just left - took off & left the building, like when 415 shut down and the few of us at the bitter end went packing...

That feeling like I was finally free and could go anywhere and do anything. It was a great rush. Why not just do that? The thought was very appealing.

2 comments:

ms. crafty said...

Don't you dare :-)

We'd miss you too much!

Relax and have a cuppa sanch.

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

lol - a cuppa sanch. love that. it was just a fleeting thought... I'd miss all of you, too. and on that note, you *must* get your software & hardware soon so we don't lose you to a not-so-random thought.