Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Good Life

The past few weeks have been stressful. Lots of commiserating/complaining with friends about work-related woes - the usual. To be fair, some things have especially sucked, but part of working through those things is the bitching & whining with your comrades so you can start finding a way through it.

Last week in particular was rough. There was so much "commiserating" at one point that things seemed rather bleak. No way to make it better, it all just sucks and we're all doomed...

Then this weekend my little bank called to verify recent activity as they occasionally do. I always appreciate that they're keeping an eye on things.

The phone rep rattled off the list of recent purchases, and as he kept going down the list I thought, This sounds pretty good - a pretty good life, really:
- Specialty's Bakery & Cafe
- Netflix
- La Pinata (a fantastic Mexican restaurant)
- Sephora
- SF Ferry Plaza Wine Bar
- Rincon Chiropractic
- Safeway
- Trader Joe's
- University Art Supplies
Having someone else read to you a list of your recent purchases provides a whole new perspective. At that moment I thought, What the hell am I complaining so much about?

4 comments:

ms. crafty said...

excellent point, nootise :-)

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Still doesn't change that there's a lot of suck going on right now... but it helps distract me from it temporarily...

KB said...

Don't forget to be thankful for your spiffy Saeco too! I've been coveting that one for a while!

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

lol - good point - for that I'm VERY thankful, indeed. I sent Saeco an email this week telling them I should be selling their products out of the back of my car (instead of working for BigInsurance Co.).