Friday, December 15, 2006

Strange Dreams!

chilly sunrise
It could be the nog, or perhaps the soggy weather - my dreams lately have been all sorts of weird.

Early this week I had another flying dream, where I don't fly so much float... I needed to get home or to work or somewhere - I was somewhere in downtown SF, but it was smaller - the whole city was smaller and the buildings/hills much bigger, like an exaggerated cartoon city.

I didn't want to go a particular way, so I decided to fly, or float, to where I needed to go. I was able to do this by stomping my heel down onto the ground and that propelled me up into the air. In moments I was gazing past Seacliff at the beach where a large group of surfers were hanging out. I don't remember ever arriving where I was headed - I was too caught up in the great view.

Then a couple nights later I had a dream that David decided he did want kids, so we had a kid - it's just that easy! But then after the kid was several months old, he decided he didn't actually want a kid, so he left. And then I had to move and get back into an apartment I once had in Seattle. (I've never lived in Seattle.) To David's credit, after hearing about this dream, reassured me that no matter what, he would not leave!

The next night was another float/fly dream, this time somewhere in central CA near the aqueduct. I drifted over a bluff and was suddenly able to see a secret military air base where top secret (black ops!) planes were doing training exercises. I was freaking out in the dream about seeing all this. I do not remember where/why I was floating around over there. There's not much to do over there, especially if you're just floating around.

Then last night - the weirdest one yet. I was walking home from somewhere, somewhere in the south bay like Cupertino, but it was getting dark and I was about to head into a sketchy part of town (an area with only four starbuck's?). I crossed a street and ended up walking through the edge of a park area that looked like a quarry - rocks and stones were everywhere.

I started chucking rocks at shadowy figures as if to demonstrate I was a stone-throwing badass - don't mess with me (which always works). And then someone started talking to me and suddenly it was a forested area where a bunch of homeless people were living in trees.

Now I was there with a few friends, and we were asking the tree-dwellers how they stay warm & dry as they showed us their setups. One forest tenant had a single-wide trailer suspended in the trees. We all went up to check it out.

We sat around the living room, which was a good-sized room, bigger than the trailer itself, talking and watching TV. A little while later we decided we'd better take off so we could catch the bus home. I thought it would be smart to make a pit stop first. I dashed across the hall from the living room and sort of crashed into the bathroom, unsteady on my feet.

The trailer bathroom was tiny - like an airplane bathroom, but even more narrow. You had to fold the sink up, like a Murphy Sink, out of the way, to get to the toilet. I sat down on the toilet and just as I sat down, the whole trailer felt unsteady below me, and I thought, "could this thing fall out of the tree?"

And then it did. It was falling, and there was no way out. I held my breath and braced myself as well as I could. I knew if I didn't die, I'd have to be dug out, because the sink had me totally blocked in. And I'm a tad claustrophobic. But what can you do?

I woke up. I woke up and man, did I have to pee.

No comments: