Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Action Movie Dream!

It was late at night when a friend and I were at my parents' place in San Jose, talking to my Dad on the side yard as a party was going on in the back yard. We asked him about the best way to get out of the neighborhood under the cover of darkness...

Suddenly we were running down a city sidewalk - just like the sidewalk on the southeast side of Market & Beale, headed toward the Embarcadero.

The sidewalk was covered like a breezeway and had frosted glass wall/partitions on the street side - modern & futuristic-looking - and it was crowded with people. As we ran, someone behind us was shooting at us. They missed me, but my friend was hit. She faded away.

Time passed. I was at a restaurant in another city - outside on its back patio - still hiding from my pursuers, but I was in their neighborhood - they were everywhere.

So much time had passed (months? years?), there were new people in the gang, people who weren't involved in the original chase and didn't know what I looked like. I only knew who they were because they were talking about their business.

I quickly left the restaurant and began sprinting down the sidewalk. I knew they'd soon figure out I'd been there and they'd be after me.

It was a residential neighborhood with brick row houses and low brick walls all along the sidewalk - no way to easily get between the houses to cut through the yards.

I rounded the corner of a block and kept running - it was the long side of the block. By this time, one of them was behind me. He stopped and went up the front steps of the corner house to set up his gun - a nasty-looking metal arrow/spear gun/rifle.

I knew within moments he'd be ready to fire and would have an easy time aiming at me because the the brick walls and tightly-packed houses had me confined to the street/sidewalk. I ran and crouched, ran again and crouched - I started to panic.

As I got closer to the end of the block, I saw that my team was there - they were fighting these guys and knew I was coming down the street.

I shouted to my guy on the corner to shoot the bad guy, then my view changed to show me the bad guy taking his shot. He aimed wide by only a few inches, just missing my head and scarring the brick wall in front of me.

My guy took his shot with the same sort of spear gun rifle and I saw the small metal spear rocket down the street, pierce the bad guy's neck and continue up into his jaw bone, blowing his head clean off in a fantastic cranial explosion.

I'd been saved.

No comments: