Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's Not *All* Shitty


I realized the other day, there are a few things that aren't completely shitty.

I love working downtown - it's a great environment for someone with a mild case of ADD - there's just about anything I could need within a few close blocks.

There's great shopping, food and walking all over this area. Though it's more colorful the closer you get to the klassy Market Street theaters. Kla-ssssey.

So, there's that.

In the It's Very Shitty But Not Too Bad department, some asshole got a hold of my bank card number and tried to charge $1,400 on some French computer/multimedia site this past weekend. Thankfully my bank put the kybosh on it & the charge didn't go through, but now the account has been closed & I'll have to get a new card/account, etc.

They didn't get to my money, but now I'm out a bank card & will have to update several billing accounts - most of which I can't remember offhand. Then there was the fun conversation with customer service when I learned I wouldn't get a new card for 7-10 business days.

It's physically impossible to procure such a card from an actual bank branch - it must come from the magical vat of plastic cards located somewhere overseas, I'm guessing. I was hoping to be on the road by Thursday, so I harangued the guy until he found a way to express it to me. He totally didn't have to - I was so unpleasant he should have hung up on me - but I'm glad he helped me out.

Now I just need the new card to get here.

2 comments:

ms. crafty said...

7-10 days? jeez...I think in a pinch you can actually go into your bank and fill out a good ol' fashioned withdrawal slip to get some good ol' fashioned cash money. Assuming that your bank doens't charge you extra for in-person transactions :-)

Have a wonderful vacation! Meow.

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Cash? What is this cash you speak of? I know not of these modern terms. I'm just an unfrozen cave man bank customer.