Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What to Wear


I have to find a suitable dress for my date at City Hall next month. The dress I found online that looked like it would be a great option looked like a house dress when I put it on.

Not sure what happened between the time I saw it in the catalog and when it arrived - Ethel Mertz got to it. I guess I'll have to physically go to Nordstroms.

Before I sign off, here's a tip for any men reading this who park in a public parking lot: If you find yourself walking to your car behind a woman, it doesn't matter if you're Ghandi himself, put some space between yourself and the woman ahead of you.

Of course you shouldn't have to, and I shouldn't have to worry who the hell is behind me, but we all need to be aware of our surroundings.

So, don't walk right behind her, and when she turns to look you in the eye to let you know she knows you're there, do NOT stare at her like you just landed on this planet.

Don't look at her like you can't imagine why she might be looking at you - just give a polite head nod and then go about your business. It's really easy to do - trust me - and she'll appreciate it.

No comments: