Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Left Early

Today I got up from my desk at 4:30, announced I was going home and I left. Everyone said a cheerful "goodnight" and I was out the door.

It was the first night in weeks I didn't stay late or go straight home to my laptop to catch up on two jobs. It felt wonderful.

Moments after leaving the building I was on an uncrowded train going home in bright daylight. After arriving home I curled up on the couch to finish my book with the Tour de France on the TV in the background.

It was great to be home so early in the day, but it won't be easy going back in the morning. I feel like curling up in bed to sleep for a month. After a good long cry.

1 comment:

ms. crafty said...

Dude, you should do that more often. Just leave early. There aren't any consequences...no one will even notice or care...you deserve it...remember when we used to leave at 4 for drinks? Those were the days...