Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Once Upon a Time

We used to wear jackets. It used to be cold in SF in June and July. This stuff called "fog" used to blanket the city with its cooling vapors, making it almost too chilly. Which is why we once wore jackets.

jack-et (jak-it), n.
1. piece of clothing worn on the upper body outside a shirt or blouse, often waist length to thigh length
2. a removable or replaceable protective or insulating cover for an object (eg a book, hot water tank)
3. a police record



Next week's lesson: "coat" (kot)

2 comments:

ms. crafty said...

nice members only! please tell me you had one of these back in the day!

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

You know, I did NOT have a MO jacket. The only brand name item my parents would shell out good money for was Levi jeans - they were good enough for the gold miners, so they were good enough for us. We didn't wear off-brand stuff as much as just non-brand stuff.

I don't even remember where we shopped for clothes - Charlotte made my clothes til I was a teenager. Oh, the ridicule I endured... you have no idea. I still love Levi's to this day though.