Saturday, July 22, 2006

Talk to The Pad


Thank, Ms. Crafty, for my new alter ego, and for the picture that I stole right off your blog, since I never got around to shooting my own.

I like how she seems to be looming over the department from her perch atop the plant. Carrying a very large hammer. Back off, bitches!

How apropos that this nasty week ended with food poisoning. I made it home just in time last night - no thanks to the hot, overcrowded, slow bart trains, full of tourons grabbing a free ride.

I wonder if bart is pocketing whatever slush they can by shutting down the AC in the stations as well as the cars, while federal funds support spare-the-air days. Every train was a death trap with people crammed into every spare inch of space. I'd rather sit in traffic for an hour in my own car than deal with this much longer.

Anyway, thanks to Bistro Burger and what must have been unwashed lettuce in their chicken cesar salad. It coulda been the chicken - who the hell knows. I won't be ordering it again.

And all the cats are grumpy. This nonstop heat is ass. I don't mind it during the daytime, but fuck, please bring on the fog at night so I can sleep. Our attic fan is going to run for two weeks straight. Billy Martin forecasted a high of 80 degrees today. It's already 76 at 9:30. I think Billy needs to update his software.

Who wants to come over & dig a pool in our backyard? I'll buy the beer.

2 comments:

ms. crafty said...

Jeebus...food poisoning? that's bullshit! :-(
My bart train was the same story. me and the cake could barely fit in the car. no AC. full of tourons. i thought I might start having a panic attack at any minute. (I did break out in a cold sweat).

A few carefully thrown elbows ensured that I made it off of the train at my stop.

I'm glad the spare the air daze is OVER!

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Do you have any fog in DC right now? Or some snow? A bag of ice? A tall cool budweiser? Something... anything - send it. How is it hotter here than it is there?