Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Power Bread


Found a new bread recipe book this past weekend and the new magic box is churning out what appears to be a way better looking concoction than what I've been producing from the manufacturer's cookbook.

Let's just say, previous loaves have resembled Irish soda bread without intending to make Irish soda bread.

The Box is churning out a whole wheat flax seed recipe - I love me some whole grain with the added protein (and fiber!) from flax seed. The magic box has a cycle where you can add mix ins, like nuts, seeds, chocolate chips or what-have-you.

I wondered, what if I threw in whole coffee beans and some almond butter at the Mix In cycle - then I wouldn't bother making toast. Just cut a slice and dig in - my morning meal all in one hearty slice.

And Happy Birthday America. We celebrated by watching the World Cup and the Tour de France. Tonight we'll open a bottle of French wine and have some Mediterranean olives, Italian, sliced meats, and some Dutch cheese.

To all the knot heads out there who will blow shit up to "celebrate," if you blow off a hand, let that be a lesson to you.

No comments: