Monday, July 16, 2007

I Heart Freelancing


I just wish I could do more of it. I had one day (today) to attend a great lunch meeting with a new project team and later to catch up with good friends, and tomorrow at 8 fucking 30 a.m. I get to report for jury duty.

How belligerent should one be to be dismissed from jury duty, but not arrested? Or should I just seem retarded? Maybe I'll just keep saying "Everyone's always guilty."

Now I can't afford to be a juror. If I don't work, I don't get paid - $15 a day doesn't even cover my gas to/from the courthouse. Who are they kidding? And I desperately need to do laundry and a hundred other things.

Not only that, but I can't tell my new clients that after they waited for me to get back from a 2-week vacation, then waited another 2 weeks for me to finish up at my last job, they'll have to wait for me to get through a trial? That would suck a major amount of ass.

I could say I'm breast feeding something and can't serve until a certain date, or that I have to change my parents' diapers 12 times a day, or get a medical excuse. I'm leaning toward the diapers story.

No comments: