Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Writing Process

In 50 easy steps:

1. Make cup of coffee
2. Leisurely drink cup of coffee
3. Consider second cup of coffee
4. Feed the cats
5. Feed the bird
6. Decide what might be good for breakfast
7. Drink a glass of water - I was thirsty!
8. Full of liquid, check email and wait for sloshing to subside
9. Respond to emails and look at Flickr Explore photos
10. Remember client deadline looms only hours ahead
11. Decide on toast for breakfast
12. Toast bread
13. Slather toast with almond butter
14. Make another cup of coffee
15. Eat breakfast
16. Is the mail here yet?
17. Where's that letter about the thing?
18. The fridge seems too cold
19. Probably should grab a shower
20. We need some stuff at Target
21. Make shopping list
22. Is that the phone ringing?
23. Probably should write something soon
24. Check email
25. Is it my Scrabulous turn yet?
26. Check Scrabulous games
27. Figure out where to put that damn G
28. Open MS Word
29. Check email
30. Write a blog post
31. Am I hungry again?
32. Scrounge cabinets for a snack
33. Decide no good snacks around
34. Make shopping list for Trader Joe's
35. Put on socks - it's chilly
36. Offload morning's liquids
37. Check eyebrows for strays
38. Pluck eyebrows
39. Consider doing laundry
40. Sort laundry
41. Take laundry down to the washer
42. There are too many dishes in the sink
43. Unload dishwasher
44. Load dishwasher and clean the kitchen
45. Check email
46. Write a title for client's project
47. Try to remember what I'm supposed to be writing about
48. Review materials sent weeks ago
49. Make and slam fourth cup of coffee
50. Start writing

4 comments:

Tyra said...

Just curious.... What are you supposed to be writing?

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Something(s) I'd obviously rather procrastinate doing - nothing terribly exciting, I can assure you. Not yet, anyway. ; )

griffin said...

This CRACKED me up! I find I can't get anything done with out following pretty much the same steps. Whooops, I think I hear the mail.

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

And if these steps aren't followed, the quality of work really suffers.