Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superbore

Another Superbowl has passed quietly into, well, the past. We decided early on that Seattle can't win a Superbowl - they have coffee, gorgeous scenery, and Shmick's happy hour where you can buy shrimp cocktail or the same burger served in the dining room for $8 for just $1.95.

On business trips to Seattle we always made time for Schmick's and would want to order two burgers for $1.95 and throw one of them on the floor - because they're only $1.95. Drinking too much too early in the day can make that seem like a fine idea.

Without a Superbowl win, what else does Pittsburg have? I've never been there, so I don't know, but from all I've seen in the movie All The Right Moves (RIP Chris Penn), it seems like they *need* to win the Superbowl.

But who cares? I just burned three paragraphs on that. Sorry. It must be obvious - I didn't have much going on this weekend, and it was fantastic.

Watched The Upside of Anger on HBO HD. Great movie - probably the best work Kevin Costner's ever done. And there's a dinner table scene that was so good, I yelped when it happened & scared the cat right off my lap.

Took a trip to Target for all the requisite household supplies and later, trimmed my hair. Thought about messing around with highlights, but you can really mess that up, and if you do, your stylist gets to make all sorts of fun of you while charging you a shitload of money to fix it.

So, I should really go now & get back to all the stuff we've got going on right now.

1 comment:

ms. crafty said...

There are two things I know for sure:

1. NEVER put salt in your eyes.

2. NEVER EVER try to highlight your own hair. It will come out green and/or orange and there won't be much anyone can do to fix it without turning your hair into straw.