Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Crazy Kids

Too crazy for me. While out to dinner tonight there were noisy kids all around us. One behind me wailing, others being loud and pestering diners all around their table, their parents doing nothing to correct their behavior, and one beside us standing up in his chair and walking across the table to his mother, with his father's help.

Let me say that again - the kid walked across the table, with his father's help. How charming!

We sat there incredulous and were soon on our way home. We'll take our lunatic bird and retarded cats over that any day.

At home I found an email from a good friend who's hoping to have baby growing in her woomba right this moment. I couldn't help myself and replied to her that she's going to pass a watermelon through her coo-coo. I can't imagine doing it.

She responded by teasing me about my lax bc habits, but at this point I don't think there are many toy surprises left in my cracker jacks. And we're careful enough.

But I thought about it - what if we had a little kid right now? I got home from work today as tired, or perhaps more so, than when I left this morning. How in the hell could I take care of a kid?

I applaud and respect all the mothers and fathers out there brave enough to take this on and raise quality humans. You're braver than I.

1 comment:

ms. crafty said...

i'm with you...no pitter patter of little feet for me...I definitely prefer paws...

maybe i should try to train the cat to bring me a glass of wine...it could work...