Wednesday, February 06, 2008

David Who?

David called this afternoon while I was on the road and because of the noise of the car, I wasn't sure who it was. When he said a very cheerful "Hi!" I asked, "Who is this?" To that he said, "But I've only been gone day!"

I was all discombobulated because I ran out of coffee beans and had to brew a pot of regular, crema-less coffee. The humanity. I was off my game all day.

I left an hour too early for an appointment, forgot to eat lunch, and screwed up the white balance on some shots.

And the cats are becoming more needy with only one human around to pester. While I was on a conference call Nikita chewed the phone antenna, leaving adorable little teeth marks all over it.

Then Neo tried playing with the headset microphone like it was a ball and when he couldn't bat it off the desk, he slapshotted the bluetooth earbud instead. I found it under the couch.

It's just a matter of time before things get ugly.

2 comments:

ms. crafty said...

Oh dear, those little boogers! I swear they get into the MOST mischief when I'm home and on the phone...they know they can get away with ANYTHING and there's NOTHING you can do to stop them!

Hazel Nootsmaak said...

It's like a little gang of toddlers - toddlers you can't easily corral into a playpen or pacify with a plastic stopper shoved into their drooling mouths.