Friday, February 08, 2008

Faith Restored


The last 24 hours have been a bit of a roller coaster. First, I realize I messed up a job, then I flip out about it because it was a stupid, stupid mistake I could have easily avoided, and then I have to immediately notify the client, which always feels good, doesn't it?

"Hi, yes it's me, the one you thought had this all totally handled. Yes, well actually I totally effed up your order and will now require additional time out of your day so I can fix my stupid mistake - mkay? Thanks."

I hate that feeling - that feeling of transmogrifying from an average human into a giant braying ass.

After leaving messages with the client, I let the studio know and waited to hear back. I fully expected to have to go back today and reshoot, but they couldn't have been nicer or more gracious. And the studio was just as cool about it.

I guess I always expect to be beaten about the head and neck when these things happen, so when I'm met with such good-natured understanding, I'm bowled over and feel very grateful to be working with people like this.

And in the end, it may have worked out for the best - they're getting a better package than they originally ordered and it should perfectly suit their needs. But the best part is how nice they were about it. I can't wait to work with them again, but next time, in human form.

No comments: