Monday, January 29, 2007

So... Slow... Gasp...

I've gone back in time. Back to a time known as "dial up." You'll notice today's post contains no photos. In times like these, photos are a luxury we cannot afford.

I'm in central Oregon for a quick trip and because the wireless cable isn't currently active at the parents' place, I opted for ye olde modemme so I wouldn't have to camp at the downtown Starbucks all day. It's a trade off, but I know I made the right choice.

A whole house to myself full of coffee, food, booze, a toasty fireplace, a magic espresso box and comfy couches where I can work in my PJs - or a drafty coffee shop and a public bathroom...

My mother stocks enough food in her pantry that I could be here indefinitely and not need to shop for anything. And there's more booze here than you'd find in a dozen frat houses - better quality, too.

Because the cable isn't on, I'm relegated to Oregon Public Broadcasting and local radio. OPB is the only channel that works without cable. Last night I watched the conclusion to Jane Eyre and tonight's show is something to do with WWII. I already feel a whole 'nother grade level smarter.

More to come about the joys of small airplane travel. While it's no fun flying in a RedBull can, on the plus side, Alaska/Horizon Air gives out complimentary beer & wine.

1 comment:

ms. crafty said...

Complimentary beer and wine can go a long way--especially if your "airplane" is really a tuna can in a catapult.